Laser dentistry is a precise and effective way to resolve many dental problems. The potential for laser dentistry to improve dental procedures rests, however in the ability of the dentist to control power output as well as the length of exposure on the tissue, either gum or tooth structure. The most key benefit of laser technology is that it allows a skilled and specialized dentist to treats highly specific area of focus, without damaging surrounding tissues. The application of lasers opens the gates for dentists to perform a wide range of dental services that would have otherwise not performed at all. Laser dentistry is best suited to anxious dental patients, for not only is laser dental treatment quite precise, but, more importantly, it minimizes pain and reduces the recovery time, also.
Smile Again is proud that it has specialized in laser dentistry. Smile Again laser specialized dentists are adept at incorporating the state-of-the-art precision laser technology for both common and rare dental processes.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Procedures performed with soft tissue dental lasers do not need require sutures (stitches).
- Some laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding, as the high-energy light beam helps in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, preventingthereby the blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked upon.
- Laser treatment minimizes damage to surrounding tissues.
- Laser dental treatment helps to heal wounds faster, regenerates tissues swiftly.